Welcome to Ekko Therapies
My name is Cindy and I live in beautiful North Dublin, about ten minutes from the sea. For somebody who grew up in the mountains of Germany this feels pretty spectacular. I love my walks by the sea, dipping toes into cold water, listening to the waves and feeling the wind on my face. I day dream of floating in the sea … but only dare in summer!
* I run this small and mighty business called EKKO Therapies with beautiful treatment rooms in Malahide and River Holistic in Raheny. I love their closeness to the beach and often walk them in the morning before seeing clients. At Ekko Therapies I support women of all ages through Shiatsu body therapy, Reflexology, Aromatherapy, Massage and Indian Head Massage. I love working with mindful touch to rebalance, gentle movement to mobilise, breathwork to bring back calmness within and compassionate inquiry to talk through the things that we can’t seem to let go.
* I’m passionate about exploring ways that help you restore vitality and health one bit at a time. I’m passionate about you being able to enjoy the things most important in your life. So I listen. A lot. To you and to your body. Your body knows everything and it is the source of your vitality and true happiness.
* I listen and I often blend therapies to tailor each session to what you need. We may use some Shiatsu techniques in your massage to reduce pain. We might make time for a neck release to reduce an acute tension headache more effectively, we may inquire into that persistent feeling that’s keeping you uneasy, or we end with hot towel reflexology just because you love it this way.
* My wish when you come for a treatment is that you walk away feeling better. And chances are I may have added a blend of essential oils to take home with you, or shown you a gentle stretch or mindfulness technique. These are the tools to our own happiness and I love sharing them with you.
* Get in touch with me or book in for a treatment.
My name is Cindy Morrissey and I am running my Shiatsu & Holistic Body Therapy clinic from the beautiful seaside village of Malahide as well as a weekly clinic in Aoibhneas Women’s & Children’s Refuge.
I’m a Shiatsu therapist with particular interest in women health, stress & trauma work. Being of benefit to all I love giving Shiatsu whether you come to see me with back pain, anxiety, post injury challenges or simply to relax. In addition to therapeutic Shiatsu sessions, I offer beautifully tailoured holistic bodywork treatments including Holistic & Deep Tissue Massage, Meridian Massage, Aromatherapy, Reflexology, Indian Head Massage, Hot Stone Massage and more.
Shiatsu is a respected therapy chosen by many for the prevention and rehabilitation of ill health and mental wellbeing. Each session offers a natural approach to a healthy and energetically balanced life.
Professional Training & Associations
Shiatsu therapists must complete a three year degree at an approved college. I have trained at Shiatsu College Dublin and have completed seveal postgraduate courses in Ireland and the UK including:
Feeling and Following Qi in Bodywork with Carola Beresford Cooke
Treating Stress and Trauma with Shiatsu by Cliff Andrews
Shiatsu & Energy Release for Fibromyalgia with Helena O’Loughlin
Maternity Shiatsu: Extraordinary Vessels, the menstrual cycle & pregnancy with Suzanne Yates
I am a registered therapist with the Shiatsu Society Ireland (SSI), the National Register of Reflexologists Ireland (NRRI) and the Irish Massage and Bodywork Therapist Association (IMTA).
Health Insurance Refunds
All Irish health insurance providers recognize the benefits of massage and reflexology and offer refunds on treatment fees paid to registered practitioners. I am registered with all three professional associations: SSI, NRRI and IMTA.
If you have private health insurance with VHI, Irish Life (former Aviva), Glo Health or Laya, you may be entitled to claim back some or all of the fees paid for treatments depending on your health care plan. Simply submit your receipt. Check your healthcare plan or contact your provider for details.